What's new

Solved Watercooling or not?

xisaacbx

xisaacbx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Depends on how much of an overclock you want to run. The stock cpu coolers almost always suck. A good aftermarket air cooler or inloop water cooling system are good for mid (cheaper air) to semi high (high end air / inloop) overclocks.

Neokilla

Neokilla

Life is what you make it.
Programmer Legendary Veteran Platinum Record
Reaction score
Sin$
The_Notorious_BIG

The_Notorious_BIG

NO NO NO NOTORIOUS
Reaction score
Sin$
You wont even need water cooling to overclock that much imo. I have overclocked from 3.4Ghz (I know mines Intel) and I OC'ed to 4.2Ghz and I've had like 2 degrees temperature change on average

PDX

PDX

Even Obama Takes Bong Rips
Reaction score
Sin$
You shouldnt. Mac pros have 12 cores and use one fan and heatsink. If you get enough fans. you should be good.

The_Notorious_BIG

The_Notorious_BIG

NO NO NO NOTORIOUS
Reaction score
Sin$
Prefix_NA

Prefix_NA

Seasoned Member
Mythical Veteran Legendary Veteran Fabled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
You don't need a water cooler I use that CPU on stock cooling and can get 4k clock easily

Idle
RCvJM1d.png

Full load (only 5 minutes but it actually only goes up to about 65 if I leave it for longer)
sDvMx9Y.png

Selena Gomez

Selena Gomez

Retired
Retired
Video Connoisseur CotM Beginning of An Odyssey
Reaction score
Sin$
You wont even need water cooling to overclock that much imo. I have overclocked from 3.4Ghz (I know mines Intel) and I OC'ed to 4.2Ghz and I've had like 2 degrees temperature change on average
AMD stock coolers are crap you definitely want something aftermarket for cooling.

Visio

Visio

The One & Only
Bright Idea Contest Sponsor Journalist
Reaction score
Sin$
Stock fan on max load: 130 F

Water Cooling (h100i) max load: 70 F

Idle stock fan: 70 F

Water Cooling (h100i) idle: 40 F

denz

denz

The Kingslayer
Retired
MotM End of the Year 2014 Trifecta
Reaction score
Sin$
If I was to buy this computer will I need water cooling to keep the 8 core processor cool or not?
https://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=wish_lists&wlcId=212603&action=wish_lists

I would just get a corsair H80i or H100i closed loop cooler. Should be plenty for overclocks. If not i just suggest a COoler Master 212 Evo

You don't need a water cooler I use that CPU on stock cooling and can get 4k clock easily

Idl

Full load (only 5 minutes but it actually only goes up to about 65 if I leave it for longer)

What do you cool yours with?

Prefix_NA

Prefix_NA

Seasoned Member
Mythical Veteran Legendary Veteran Fabled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
What do you cool yours with?

Stock cooler if I have a stress test going after a few minutes you can hear it starting to get louder and stays for a bit till its over but just normal gaming/everyday usage its pretty silent.

AMD stock coolers are crap you definitely want something aftermarket for cooling.

The CM 212 EVO is third on my list for upgrades after a GFX card and but I don't have issues with mine is not really loud and keeps it cool when I get the Evo I will prob put the overclock much higher but at 4ghz playing small games like Gunz 2 or League I don't even hear my CPU much.

Top Bottom
Login
Register