• Views 336
Status
Not open for further replies.
I

IhaveRghXD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
When I try downloading a big file or watch a movies online my computer shuts off after about 10-20 mins (also goes off when i play candy crush on FB)
Please help

I have windows 8 desktop

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Dini

Dini

merged
Retired
Scaling the Mountain CotM Modder
Reaction score
Sin$
What are you watching the movie on, also is it only when watching a movie?

I

IhaveRghXD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
What are you watching the movie on, also is it only when watching a movie?
solarmovie and its when i'm downloading big files too like i said ion the OT
that site works fine on my laptop :smile:

Dini

Dini

merged
Retired
Scaling the Mountain CotM Modder
Reaction score
Sin$
solarmovie and its when i'm downloading big files too like i said ion the OT
that site works fine on my laptop :smile:
Have you tried using VLC Media Player? Also what do you mean downloading big files?

I

IhaveRghXD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
no and COD 5 iso modded files (7 parts) :frown: 
Have you tried using VLC Media Player? Also what do you mean downloading big files?
also goes off when i play games like candy crush on facebook :frown:

Slime

Slime

Slimetologist
Mr. Nice Guy
Reaction score
Sin$
no and COD 5 iso modded files (7 parts) :frown: 

also goes off when i play games like candy crush on facebook :frown:
Can you verify that the CPU is not overheating thus causing it to shutdown due to heat. Also when you refer to go off does it just shut down as if it is losing direct power, does it slowly power off to a halt (Freeze, then in about 1 - 3 minutes completely die down), does it just freeze and you have to restart, or does the image simply disappear (But your still able to hear volume for example). Also ensure that power settings are not set out of whack causing strange instances such as disabling hibernation and sleep mode and seeing if that resolves the issue.

Sorry for the blunt questions but it will help us narrow down to a specific hardware piece that could be faulty here.

I

IhaveRghXD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Can you verify that the CPU is not overheating thus causing it to shutdown due to heat. Also when you refer to go off does it just shut down as if it is losing direct power, does it slowly power off to a halt (Freeze, then in about 1 - 3 minutes completely die down), does it just freeze and you have to restart, or does the image simply disappear (But your still able to hear volume for example). Also ensure that power settings are not set out of whack causing strange instances such as disabling hibernation and sleep mode and seeing if that resolves the issue.

Sorry for the blunt questions but it will help us narrow down to a specific hardware piece that could be faulty here.
How would i be able to check that its not over heating and it just shuts down instantly and goes quiet.

Slime

Slime

Slimetologist
Mr. Nice Guy
Reaction score
Sin$
How would i be able to check that its not over heating and it just shuts down instantly and goes quiet.
If it has the features in the CPU to detect the heat then you can use this free program:
http://www.alcpu.com/CoreTemp/

It will show you the temp of each core of the processor. Run it side by side one of your known programs that crash the PC and see if they exceed 80oC as 80 is far too hot and most BIOS will shut down no matter what when this temp is exceeded.

Also check into event viewer and see if any of the logs look suspicious to what could be causing it if the temperatures are all normal.

I

IhaveRghXD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Also my Disk column goes to red when im on task manager

memory 1.3/1.5 GB :/

Slime

Slime

Slimetologist
Mr. Nice Guy
Reaction score
Sin$
Also my Disk column goes to red when im on task manager
Red you say, what ammount of % is it using. For example if you have SATA 2 or higher but its only doing like 1 mb/s and using 95 - 99% usage then you have a dieing drive or a bad configuration in the operating system.

I

IhaveRghXD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Red you say, what ammount of % is it using. For example if you have SATA 2 or higher but its only doing like 1 mb/s and using 95 - 99% usage then you have a dieing drive or a bad configuration in the operating system.
98% :frown: when downing and that

Slime

Slime

Slimetologist
Mr. Nice Guy
Reaction score
Sin$
98% :frown: when downing and that

what can i do to fix it?

I would copy all information under your c:\users\ACCOUNT_NAME to a secondary drive. Then install windows on the main drive from scratch, copy over the new data to the drive. If its still slow at this point its a dieing drive so buy/get a new drive and do the same process again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register