What's new

.xbe?

• Thread starter Dem Pyros
  • Start date
  • Views 2,295
D

Dem Pyros

I was wondering how you can convert Halo:CE maps into Halo 1 maps for your xbox? What exactly would you need to change? Program to do it for you?

If anyone could give me help i would appreciate it.

L

ll V1oLeNT ll

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
well first off halo maps are not ".xbe" files but i'm not sure on how you change the map from a pc map to an xbox map it probably is much harder than you think

C

Chopstick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
wow this sound like a good challange for u "PROGRAMMERS" *cough high6&Nerve..... :smile:

D

Dem Pyros

ll V1oLeNT ll said:
well first off halo maps are not ".xbe" files but i'm not sure on how you change the map from a pc map to an xbox map it probably is much harder than you think

You have to edit the .xbe in a way to make it load the old maps.

It is probably much harder than i think, especially all the tweaks to get the gametypes and weapons correct. But it IS possible, and i would just like to know how :biggrin:

MAST3R CHI3F

MAST3R CHI3F

VIP
VIP
Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah I'm pretty sure theres a converter out there to convert from CE to PC so why wouldn't there be a PC to xbox version?

D

Dem Pyros

MAST3R CHI3F said:
Yeah I'm pretty sure theres a converter out there to convert from CE to PC so why wouldn't there be a PC to xbox version?
EDITED: Ok i was searching some more on google and found a topic with a CE to xbox converter but the admins closed it. Anyone else help me?

C

cuber351

Reaction score
Sin$
Hizlo had Cluis or whoever create a program that would convert pc maps to xbox. That is probably the program that you found. x3bec stole it from hizlo somehow and posted it there. So it was never meant to be released which is why that topic closed or whatever.

D

Dem Pyros

cuber351 said:
Hizlo had Cluis or whoever create a program that would convert pc maps to xbox. That is probably the program that you found. x3bec stole it from hizlo somehow and posted it there. So it was never meant to be released which is why that topic closed or whatever.

yea, it was

SiK GambleR

SiK GambleR

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
well, i dont think u can make it for halo1, but if u cud use one of the modding editors for halo2 and save it to your harddisk with a new name it shud come up as another map on the bottom of the list... my friend did it but his xbox is hardmidded so i no theres a lil more to it.. ill ask him, but all i no is that hang em high is kik *** with a battlerifle.

D

Dem Pyros

I SiK GambleR I said:
well, i dont think u can make it for halo1, but if u cud use one of the modding editors for halo2 and save it to your harddisk with a new name it shud come up as another map on the bottom of the list... my friend did it but his xbox is hardmidded so i no theres a lil more to it.. ill ask him, but all i no is that hang em high is kik *** with a battlerifle.
yea, you can do it for halo 1 since you can't make custom maps for halo 2.

I HAVE seen halo 1 maps custom made for the xbox...

SiK GambleR

SiK GambleR

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
my friend wasnt ansering his fone but ill get back to u on this.. cause ive seen it dun also. but my friend has a mod chip and he was able to add customs to halo2.. he sed it was a pain..

D

Dem Pyros

I SiK GambleR I said:
my friend wasnt ansering his fone but ill get back to u on this.. cause ive seen it dun also. but my friend has a mod chip and he was able to add customs to halo2.. he sed it was a pain..
You can't make custom halo 2 maps.....

SiK GambleR

SiK GambleR

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
ya i talkd to him. he replaced liek sanc with hang em high and contain with sidewinder. he didnt add maps

Top Bottom
Login
Register