Code [Info] Game variant file structure, hash procedure, and megalo info

• Thread starter synth92
  • Start date
  • Views 11,846
zeuzatila

zeuzatila

Reaction score
Sin$
You know how some guys put or write "created by XXXXXX" in that line of code or how to write ??
I tried to put as notification, message and nothing. I can change the name of the gametype and put symbols but I have not been able to add who also makes trustysn00ze think. I appreciate the help.
pd: XML is little hope so be gentle

Linglin

Linglin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Looking at how TrustySn00ze did it so thanks to him, unless of course I broke it somehow but seems to work fine for me. First add a new string:

Code:
      <String name="Random Text">
        <String>Write what you want to show up in here.</String>
      </String>
Just edit the text in the second line.
Then add a new trigger:

Code:
      <Trigger execMode="OnEachPlayer">
        <Elements>
          <E type="Action" name="TimerRateSet">
            <Param kind="InOut" name="Timer" type="TimerReference" varRefType="1" dataType="25">0</Param>
            <Param name="Rate" type="TimerRate">5</Param>
          </E>
          <E type="Condition" name="Comparison">
            <Param name="X" type="VarReference" varRefKind="Custom" varRefType="1" dataType="25">1</Param>
            <Param name="Y" type="VarReference" varRefKind="Custom" varRefType="0">0</Param>
            <Param name="Comparison" type="ComparisonType">2</Param>
          </E>
          <E type="Condition" name="TimerIsZero">
            <Param name="Timer" type="TimerReference" varRefType="1" dataType="25">0</Param>
          </E>
          <E type="Action" name="ChudMessage">
            <Param name="Target" type="TargetVar" targetType="Player" varRefType="0" dataType="25" />
            <Param name="MessageSound" type="SoundIndex">-1</Param>
            <Param name="MessageText" type="Tokens2" stringIndex="Random Text" />
          </E>
        </Elements>
      </Trigger>
I don't exactly know the most about this stuff, but it's fun to play around with so good luck.

Last edited:
zeuzatila

zeuzatila

Reaction score
Sin$
ty man, I'll try ¡¡¡

Looking at how TrustySn00ze did it so thanks to him, unless of course I broke it somehow but seems to work fine for me. First add a new string:

Code:
      <String name="Random Text">
        <String>Write what you want to show up in here.</String>
      </String>
Just edit the text in the second line.
Then add a new trigger:

Code:
      <Trigger execMode="OnEachPlayer">
        <Elements>
            <Param kind="InOut" name="Timer" type="TimerReference" varRefType="1" dataType="25">0</Param>
            <Param name="Rate" type="TimerRate">5</Param>
          </E>
            <Param name="X" type="VarReference" varRefKind="Custom" varRefType="1" dataType="25">1</Param>
            <Param name="Y" type="VarReference" varRefKind="Custom" varRefType="0">0</Param>
            <Param name="Comparison" type="ComparisonType">2</Param>
          </E>
            <Param name="Timer" type="TimerReference" varRefType="1" dataType="25">0</Param>
          </E>
            <Param name="Target" type="TargetVar" targetType="Player" varRefType="0" dataType="25" />
            <Param name="MessageSound" type="SoundIndex">-1</Param>
            <Param name="MessageText" type="Tokens2" stringIndex="Random Stuff" />
          </E>
        </Elements>
      </Trigger>
I don't exactly know the most about this stuff, but it's fun to play around with so good luck.

Linglin

Linglin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Then I re-read that and see I had a typo in the "Random Stuff" thing so it wouldn't have even worked. Nice work me. Haha

zeuzatila

zeuzatila

Reaction score
Sin$
Then I re-read that and see I had a typo in the "Random Stuff" thing so it wouldn't have even worked. Nice work me. Haha
dude does not work, does not encode ksoft, there is an error ... ahhhhhhhhhhh helpp jajaaja

Linglin

Linglin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Odd, I just tried sticking it in a random gametype without any changes and it worked fine.
Do other gametypes encode correctly?
What's the error?

zeuzatila

zeuzatila

Reaction score
Sin$
I tried it in a ctf and not let me encode says mistake but not where or what but it is only the trigger because the string has no problems, the name of the <Trigger execMode = "OnEachPlayer"> here does not come the name = "xx " or no influence at all; the downside is this trigger.

proves what a slayer ok

Linglin

Linglin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
What switches do you have enabled? Mine probably weren't optimal for this, so try this instead:
Code:
      <Trigger execMode="OnEachPlayer" name="Trigger0">
        <Elements>
            <Param kind="InOut" name="Timer" type="TimerReference" varRefType="Player.TimerVar" dataType="Iterator.Player">PlayerTimer0</Param>
            <Param name="Rate" type="TimerRate">Minus100p</Param>
          </E>
            <Param name="X" type="VarReference" varRefKind="Custom" varRefType="Player.NumericVar" dataType="Iterator.Player">PlayerNumeric1</Param>
            <Param name="Y" type="VarReference" varRefKind="Custom" varRefType="Int16">0</Param>
            <Param name="Comparison" type="ComparisonType">Equal</Param>
          </E>
            <Param name="Timer" type="TimerReference" varRefType="Player.TimerVar" dataType="Iterator.Player">PlayerTimer0</Param>
          </E>
            <Param name="Target" type="TargetVar" targetType="Player" varRefType="ExplicitPlayerType" dataType="Iterator.Player" />
            <Param name="MessageSound" type="SoundIndex">NONE</Param>
            <Param name="MessageText" type="Tokens2" stringIndex="Random Text" />
          </E>
        </Elements>
      </Trigger>

zeuzatila

zeuzatila

Reaction score
Sin$
thanks man really :wink:, but it does not encode :frown: .. does not work slayer or ctf :cry::cry::cry::cry:..
:dead::dead::dead:

zeuzatila

zeuzatila

Reaction score
Sin$
dude, you can try encode the gametype to corroborate this code well or is there any way to know what the error. ksoft as the leaves is not encoded. no chance to try it :smile: jejej

Top Bottom
Login
Register