What's new
  • This section is NOT for Console Modding Support or Queries.
    Please ensure any threads posted here are releases or guides as appropriate.
    If you require support, please post a new thread in Console Modding Support
    Thanks!

Tutorial Xenon RGH1.2 Freeboot Tutorial

• Thread starter Metal
  • Start date
  • Views 113,021

Have you had success with RGH1.2 on your Xenon?

• Yes

Votes: 50 61.7%
  • No

Votes: 31 38.3%

• Total voters
A

andy2010

Reaction score
Sin$
goodnight metal

I want to know what did you used bistream

for I am a xenon cpu canada and I do not get the xell

Can you help me I'm French

cordially

zeekiel

zeekiel

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
i already flash to stock bro,, :frown: and remove the wirings,, do you think its just the wirings?

heres my 2nd to last wire before i switch to red wire and much longer wire compare to this violet wirings, which is at the exact lenght into the ace v3

wqya8x.jpg
In this pic the pll Nd rst are together be sure to separAte as metAl said and also be sure to keep out of the interference zone where is back side of where the fan duct is.

K

kif90

Reaction score
Sin$
Hi, first thanks for this work.
I made the RGH to my Xenon, but after flashing the new Falcon nand the system starts, I can see the xbox logo for a second and heard the sound. Then the screen turns black. Some times the system rebooted 2-3 times showing the logo and get stuck.
I tryed the xenon_ace_dynamic and others times but nothing. I get the same thing with autogg nand and jruner nand.
The Xell starts well when switched the eject to start the xbox.
Anyone nows what could be worng?

J

JoinTheResistance

Dead to the world, alive for the journey...
Reaction score
Sin$
Hi, first thanks for this work.
I made the RGH to my Xenon, but after flashing the new Falcon nand the system starts, I can see the xbox logo for a second and heard the sound. Then the screen turns black. Some times the system rebooted 2-3 times showing the logo and get stuck.
I tryed the xenon_ace_dynamic and others times but nothing. I get the same thing with autogg nand and jruner nand.
The Xell starts well when switched the eject to start the xbox.
Anyone nows what could be worng?
Have you tried building a nand with zephyr settings instead of falcon?

Metal

Metal

Take This Life
Hidden Devils
Grizzled Veteran Grammar Nazi Gifter
Reaction score
Sin$
I tried zephir, falcon, opus, jasper. All do the same except zephir that didn´t boot into xell.
I tried all of them with all time files for the ace.

If it's not booting, try different wire routing with CPU_RST. One method I use is to take the blue slim wire from Coolrunner. I use the alternate bottom point and wrap wire around the heatsinks and coil the remaining wire over the south bridge. Look it up. 15432 details this more in one of his testing arenas. I'll see if I can find a link.

Last edited:
kyle_92

kyle_92

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
hey everyone, just posting about my first xenon rgh1.2 using ace v3, so following this tutorial everything was going smoothly, got an instant boot pretty much on xell, created my nand image with autogg as a falcon nand, but then it didnt wanna boot, talked to Metal and he said to try xenon ace timing file 748 and 752, and now im getting 8-15 sec or so boot times average on the 752 timing file! thanks so much Metal! haha

Metal

Metal

Take This Life
Hidden Devils
Reaction score
Sin$
hey everyone, just posting about my first xenon rgh1.2 using ace v3, so following this tutorial everything was going smoothly, got an instant boot pretty much on xell, created my nand image with autogg as a falcon nand, but then it didnt wanna boot, talked to Metal and he said to try xenon ace timing file 748 and 752, and now im getting 8-15 sec or so boot times average on the 752 timing file! thanks so much Metal! haha
Wonderful! Thanks for posting your experience. It may help others.

Everyone. Alot of success has been had with timing files 748-752. Give these a shot.

K

kif90

Reaction score
Sin$
If it's not booting, try different wire routing with CPU_RST. One method I use is to take the blue slim wire from Coolrunner. I use the alternate bottom point and wrap wire around the heatsinks and coil the remaining wire over the south bridge. Look it up. 15432 details this more in one of his testing arenas. I'll see if I can find a link.
Thanks for all.
Finally I boot. The problem was a broken sata cable who was causing the reboot loop of my xenon.

R

ragend

Reaction score
Sin$
I can't run the auto_GG,why?

main.exe.log:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "main.py", line 24, in <module>
File "main.py", line 20, in main
File "wx\_core.pyo", line 7981, in __init__
File "wx\_core.pyo", line 7555, in _BootstrapApp
File "main.py", line 14, in OnInit
File "main1.pyo", line 436, in create
File "main1.pyo", line 869, in __init__
File "main1.pyo", line 1846, in _init_ctrls
File "wx\_controls.pyo", line 87, in __init__
UnicodeDecodeError: 'gbk' codec can't decode bytes in position 9-10: illegal multibyte sequence

R

ragend

Reaction score
Sin$
My xenon is taiwan cpu,using ace v3 with xenon_ace_dynamic, xenon rgh1.2 ,I can boot it,10-20sec boot times.
Thanks for the tutorial

J

JoinTheResistance

Dead to the world, alive for the journey...
Reaction score
Sin$
My xenon is taiwan cpu,using ace v3 with xenon_ace_dynamic, xenon rgh1.2 ,I can boot it,10-20sec boot times.
Thanks for the tutorial
Would you mind sharing images of your wire routing?

Metal

Metal

Take This Life
Hidden Devils
Reaction score
Sin$
Nice job OP. What are your boot times looking at?
It varies. Average seems to be 30 seconds. The occasional 1 minute console. I can get a handful to consistently instant boot on the dynamic file after a few boots.

Z

Zinyx

Reaction score
Sin$
Ok thanks for info.
I order AceV3 and try back to life my Xenon

Last edited:
Top Bottom
Login
Register