What's new

Question Good PC Build?

Blitz

Blitz

My Problems have Problems.
Reaction score
Sin$
I managed to convince my friends to build a computer since I am building mine, even though we are all.. Not convinced in ourselves. I assume none of us know all that much about it.. Well, I sure don't at least. But nonetheless, a friend suggested this and I wanted to run it through with the community here. Last time I made a post, it turned into a giant argument about what is better than what between each other. Please do try to avoid that and keep terms simple cuz I have no clue what anything is. XD Here is the build:

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/82ZBcc

Why he refuses to remove the laptop to make this easier, I don't know but it is supposed to be there. He wants a cheap laptop so he has money for an expensive computer.
And so with that, here it is. I am sorry if this is just complete trash. XD I don't know he knows what he is doing.
Budget: 1k-1.5k
They are both for gaming, but the laptop is to be cheap so he can make a good and expensive gaming computer.

Last edited:
Sanctorum

Sanctorum

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
Both parts lists in this thread are terrible. We need to know what the system and laptop are being used for, otherwise we can't suggest anything.

DOMIN8

DOMIN8

Content Green and Yellow
Content Team
VIP
Retired
Mythical Veteran Scaling the Mountain Platinum Record
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I managed to convince my friends to build a computer since I am building mine, even though we are all.. Not convinced in ourselves. I assume none of us know all that much about it.. Well, I sure don't at least. But nonetheless, a friend suggested this and I wanted to run it through with the community here. Last time I made a post, it turned into a giant argument about what is better than what between each other. Please do try to avoid that and keep terms simple cuz I have no clue what anything is. XD Here is the build:

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/82ZBcc

Why he refuses to remove the laptop to make this easier, I don't know but it is supposed to be there. He wants a cheap laptop so he has money for an expensive computer.
And so with that, here it is. I am sorry if this is just complete trash. XD I don't know he knows what he is doing.
Budget: 1k-1.5k
They are both for gaming, but the laptop is to be cheap so he can make a good and expensive gaming computer.
That build isn't bad but, I'd change a few things.

First, I'd dump the HDD for a decent SSD or keep the HDD and add a smaller SSD if you can save money elsewhere. Speaking of, while the K70 (I'm typing on one now... :wink: ) and Logitech mouse are nice, that 200+ dollars would be better served going into your components for now. You can always upgrade keyboard and mouse later on. I'd suggest just getting by with a cheaper set of those and changing over to a GTX 10 series GPU and SSD.

Here's just a couple things changed: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/HgD4sJ

Sanctorum

Sanctorum

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
Alrighty, so first of all, 212 EVO is pitiful, especially on a 6700k. No need to spend almost $200 on a motherboard. $150 laptop ain't gonna do jack sh*t, so I'd just put the extra $150 towards the PC instead. $100 monitor absolutely does not belong in a $1500 system. GTX 960 is a terrible choice, and doesn't belong in a $1500 system. No SSD is pitiful, $1500 rig absolutely 100% deserves an SSD. WD Black HDD's are horrifically over-priced. Cheap EVGA PSU's do not belong in a $1500 rig, that's r*tarded. Especially PSUs that aren't even 80+ Bronze, pitiful.

Get this;
http://pcpartpicker.com/list/4WzyKZ
You're going to need an aftermarket cooler with the 6600k. I'd recommend a Cryorig H7 or H5, at least. If you're not overclocking, get an i5-6500 instead and a Cryorig M9i. If you NEED to get the 6600k and an aftermarket cooler(H7/H5) under $1500, then you'll need to drop the K70 for now, and use the $160 for a cooler, cheapo keyboard and spend whatever is left($50-$100) on RAM and/or SSD, or maybe a slightly better laptop.

Prefix_NA

Prefix_NA

Seasoned Member
Mythical Veteran Legendary Veteran Fabled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Alrighty, so first of all, 212 EVO is pitiful, especially on a 6700k.

^

The M9i is 1% better than the 212 evo on temps and WAY better on noise and its cheaper than the 212. Buying a 212 right now is retarded.

And last year the T40 Enermax was a better deal than the 212 Evo.

The H7 is also a great buy as well as the R1 Ultimate. I don't know much about the H5 I would assume its decent as its Cryorig.

Last edited:
Blitz

Blitz

Reaction score
Sin$
^

The M9i is 1% better than the 212 evo on temps and WAY better on noise and its cheaper than the 212. Buying a 212 right now is retarded.

And last year the T40 Enermax was a better deal than the 212 Evo.

The H7 is also a great buy as well as the R1 Ultimate. I don't know much about the H5 I would assume its decent as its Cryorig.
Please do try to avoid that and keep terms simple cuz I have no clue what anything is

Sanctorum

Sanctorum

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
He's pretty much just agreeing with what I said in a little bit more detail. Get the Cryorig H5 or H7. H5 is the better option, H7 will be fine if you need it a little cheaper. H5 is about $45-$50, you can get the H7 for no more than $35. If you're not going to overclock, get the i5-6500 instead of the 6600k and the Cryorig M9i instead of the H7/H5.

Blitz

Blitz

Reaction score
Sin$
He's pretty much just agreeing with what I said in a little bit more detail. Get the Cryorig H5 or H7. H5 is the better option, H7 will be fine if you need it a little cheaper. H5 is about $45-$50, you can get the H7 for no more than $35. If you're not going to overclock, get the i5-6500 instead of the 6600k and the Cryorig M9i instead of the H7/H5.
Well I think we're just still getting used to the fact we said we'd be building computers, so I feel as though overclocking is a bit much. XD maybe that's just me, I'll inform you with his response hopefully

Marvhl

Marvhl

Trinity RGH2 <3
Reaction score
Sin$
A laptop in there? :O This is supposed to be a PC build. lol But i would recommend a wired mouse (just me) if you dont mind wires.

Blitz

Blitz

Reaction score
Sin$
He doesn't want to give up XD. He doesn't know what overclocking is but still has his mind completely set on getting an i7 because that's how he is .

Top Bottom
Login
Register