What's new

Discussion Switching to a laptop

Acylou

Acylou

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Due to certain personnal problems i have to switch to a decent "budget" gaming laptop
I'm selling my rig wich has
CPU : Intel Core I3-4150 Quad-Core 3.5GHz
GPU : Saphire AMD R9 380 Dual-X 2GB OC
RAM : Geil Evo potenza 2X4GB 1600mhz
MOBO :Gigabyte H81M-DS2V
CASE : NZXT Source 210 Elite Windowed USB 3.0 Edition
PSU : Thermaltake Smart-SE 530W modular
Any ieas how much i can sell it? it's worth is my starting budget + 100bucks and loking for a laptop with 8gigs of ram a 1TB hdd a decent I5 or its amd equivalent and a not so bad gpu looking to play at medium settings at 1280X1024 2014-2015 AAA games whit a "decent" fps
Any good laptops in mind ?

ImOx

ImOx

(^._.^)ノ
Retired
Programmer MotM Platinum Record
Reaction score
Sin$
Gaming laptop??
Sorry if this is kind of off-topic, but is this a joke, lol.
Why on earth a laptop for gaming?
You going to be gaming in a car? lol.

Red58

Red58

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Gaming laptop??
Maybe he has to move around a lot and he'd like to be able to play games while he's out. Some people do leave the house you know lol.

Whats your budget?

ImOx

ImOx

(^._.^)ノ
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Maybe he has to move around a lot and he'd like to be able to play games while he's out. Some people do leave the house you know lol.
You go outside to play video games?
Some people do other things than play video games outside you know.

Red58

Red58

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
You go outside to play video games?
Some people do other things than play video games outside you know.
I had to get a gaming laptop when i was going to college because the only time i was home was to sleep for a couple hours. Sometimes i would have spare time in between classes and my homework, and I couldn't just drive home. This isn't an uncommon scenario either.

ImOx

ImOx

(^._.^)ノ
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
I had to get a gaming laptop when i was going to college because the only time i was home was to sleep for a couple hours. Sometimes i would have spare time in between classes and my homework, and I couldn't just drive home. This isn't an uncommon scenario either.
Gaming in school, lol I just don't see it.
But well, whatever.
Gaming on a laptop just sounds so hilarious to my ear.
And even funnier would be taking you laptop with you all the time and game. I mean, finding some nice place, good chair, then setting up your power cord, mouse, mouse mat and putting your headset on. Just kind of makes me laugh thinking of seeing someone do this at e.g. my school or something else.

Acylou

Acylou

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$

Whats your budget?
like i said my budget is whatever my current desktop will get me +100$

Red

Red

VIP
Retired
Scaling the Mountain Mythical Veteran MotM
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Due to certain personnal problems i have to switch to a decent "budget" gaming laptop
I'm selling my rig wich has
CPU : Intel Core I3-4150 Quad-Core 3.5GHz
GPU : Saphire AMD R9 380 Dual-X 2GB OC
RAM : Geil Evo potenza 2X4GB 1600mhz
MOBO :Gigabyte H81M-DS2V
CASE : NZXT Source 210 Elite Windowed USB 3.0 Edition
PSU : Thermaltake Smart-SE 530W modular
Any ieas how much i can sell it? it's worth is my starting budget + 100bucks and loking for a laptop with 8gigs of ram a 1TB hdd a decent I5 or its amd equivalent and a not so bad gpu looking to play at medium settings at 1280X1024 2014-2015 AAA games whit a "decent" fps
Any good laptops in mind ?
Honestly you're not going to find a "gaming laptop" for less then 1k. You may be able to get a decent one used but it's not going to be anything great. I'd save your pennies and get an MSI GS70 Stealth that's the one I use for when I'm out and about in college or at a friends. It's lovely and dominates anything I throw at it

Acylou

Acylou

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Honestly you're not going to find a "gaming laptop" for less then 1k. You may be able to get a decent one used but it's not going to be anything great. I'd save your pennies and get an MSI GS70 Stealth that's the one I use for when I'm out and about in college or at a friends. It's lovely and dominates anything I throw at it
i'm not really looking for an fps killer just something that runs recent games on medium settings 720p like an I5 and a gt 940m 4gb or a gtx 950m 
I can't tell you how much yours is worth.
But here's a helluva good deal on this very site. http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/threads/msi-gp62-and-dream-bed-for-sale.1510450/#post-12212728
toooo much for me

Red58

Red58

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
i'm not really looking for an fps killer just something that runs recent games on medium settings 720p like an I5 and a gt 940m 4gb or a gtx 950m 

toooo much for me
I'll Just post a few budget ones for ya then. Pick out the one that works best for you.

Those are just a few examples, and they might be cheaper elsewhere idk (most are pretty cheap to start with), if you need more don't be afraid to ask, there are a ton of budget laptops.

Reedradar

Reedradar

Flex and bass is what life is all about.
Reaction score
Sin$
Gaming laptop??
My dad used his when we got delays on airports he needed a computer for work but wanted a pc for gaming why not have both?

ImOx

ImOx

(^._.^)ノ
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
My dad used his when we got delays on airports he needed a computer for work but wanted a pc for gaming why not have both?
Both is cool, I have both.
But he is not planning on having both. In case you didn't actually read his thread.

Reedradar

Reedradar

Reaction score
Sin$
Both is cool, I have both.
But he is not planning on having both. In case you didn't actually read his thread.
He stated he has to get a more budget rig. I dout he's not going to use his computer for typing up a paper at least once or twice.

ImOx

ImOx

(^._.^)ノ
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
He stated he has to get a more budget rig. I dout he's not going to use his computer for typing up a paper at least once or twice.
I'm having extreme difficulties trying to make sense of what you just said, lol sorry.
Could you try to rephrase the second sentence?

Reedradar

Reedradar

Reaction score
Sin$
I'm having extreme difficulties trying to make sense of what you just said, lol sorry.
Could you try to rephrase the second sentence?
He could use it for multiple things like i dout it's going to be a gaming only laptop. I have a beefy pc but watch netflix more than game. If he wanted a gaming only pc would he not get steam os (joking it's trash)

J

JoinTheResistance

Dead to the world, alive for the journey...
Reaction score
Sin$
Gaming in school, lol I just don't see it.
But well, whatever.
Gaming on a laptop just sounds so hilarious to my ear.
And even funnier would be taking you laptop with you all the time and game. I mean, finding some nice place, good chair, then setting up your power cord, mouse, mouse mat and putting your headset on. Just kind of makes me laugh thinking of seeing someone do this at e.g. my school or something else.
Maybe he's going off to University or something! So, instead of carrying a heavy desktop PC he prefers a laptop that he can also use in class. Plus, he's saving money this way. Even though it might not be the best experience for everyone, gaming on a laptop is possible. In fact last time I moved, I used a laptop with 3GB of ram and an ATi HD3200 integrated GPU for gaming, in the course of 7-8 months! Not that bad actually!

ImOx

ImOx

(^._.^)ノ
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
I used a laptop with 3GB of ram and an ATi HD3200 integrated GPU for gaming
Someone with this, I wouldn't call a gamer tbh, lol.

And how would be be saving money?
A laptop which can actually run actual games, without having to set the graphics to match a 2005 game, costs far more than a desktop computer that can do the same.

J

JoinTheResistance

Dead to the world, alive for the journey...
Reaction score
Sin$
And how would be be saving money?
Well, he said he needs a laptop, so whether or not it's a gaming one, he's paying 300-400$ for a laptop. By selling his current rig, he is going to get a better laptop and only pay 100$ out of his pocket.
Someone with this, I wouldn't call a gamer tbh, lol.
Not everything is Call of duty and Battlefield, you know... There are other games as well! Games that don't require that many resources.
A laptop which can actually run actual games, without having to set the graphics to match a 2005 game, costs far more than a desktop computer that can do the same.
He said he's cool with decreasing the settings a bit. Again, not everything is Call of duty and Battlefield.

ImOx

ImOx

(^._.^)ノ
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Well, he said he needs a laptop, so whether or not it's a gaming one, he's paying 300-400$ for a laptop. By selling his current rig, he is going to get a better laptop and only pay 100$ out of his pocket.
Well, he isn't going to get a very good laptop with that price.

Not everything is Call of duty and Battlefield, you know... There are other games as well! Games that don't require that many resources.
He said he's cool with decreasing the settings a bit. Again, not everything is Call of duty and Battlefield.
Never mentioned those two games.
Also, I find it kind of funny you bring up those games when you want to bring up a game that should require a good PC to run it. They don't even require that much.
Although Advanced Warfare and BO3 are very badly optimized, and require a lot from a PC to run them smoothly with good graphics.

Top Bottom
Login
Register