What's new

Solved Halo 2 Mod WIP Photography

N

NotZac

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Before you immediately skip down and look at the lovely picture(s) that should be posted below, READ THIS FIRST.

Recently, I haven't been very active here, but I have decided to come back with an idea that may inspire some modders to start a project of their own and share it with the public. This thread is meant to post pictures related to anything you're working on related to Halo 2, so that you may get some public criticism, but I'm going to set a few rules so that the Staff don't get too frustrated with handling spam/flaming here.

*Note: if anyone feels that this thread does not belong in this section, please tell me. I'd like to think that it does.

tl;dr: This thread is where you may post any pictures of what you are working on that relate to Halo 2, whether it's a render of an upcoming weapon/vehicle, in-game screenshot of some cool effects, etc., to get some criticism (hence the section it's in ...)

What I'd prefer to see:

• In-game screenshots of a Halo 2 mod.
  • Renders of models to be injected into Halo 2 (maps, vehicles, weapons, scenery, etc.)
  • Textures (prefered to be self-made, or extremely edited as to avoid ripping).
  • Screenshots of applications (for Halo 2 edits ONLY).
What I'd not prefer to see:

• Images that have nothing to do with anything. At all.
  • Flaming/Spamming/Everything that is usually not tolerated here.

Now, enough talking. Let's see some pictures!
I'll start to set an example.

Example:

thepitwip1.jpg

thepitwip2.jpg

These are some renders of a remodel of The Pit from Halo 3 that I plan on incorporating into Halo 2 somehow; I already have a way to fake the collision. Does anyone like what they see? Anything that I missed? (Mind you, these renders are somewhat old.)

... And, please continue from here!

Thanks for your time,
NotZac

J

joey4785

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Very Nice Not Zachary. What kind of skinning are you going to be doing like UVWs or color skinning seperate models?

I would like to see how this turns out. Good luck!

Upvote 0
M

mojobojo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Okay... Wow, I am in awe! I am really looking foward to see where this could go. Very nice work. If im not mistaken DarkShallFall makes new halo 2 maps from scratch. Contact him on halomods I think he could help.

Upvote 0
N

NotZac

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm glad some people like this idea.
Dr Spazam said:
If you want some H3 models/skins. PM me.
That's quite alright. Skins are covered, somewhat. Dark made some from scratch and gave them to me, but many of them didn't interest me very well. As for models, I don't need any. This map is going to have standard Halo 2 weapons/HUD/effects, etc., just a new map. I want it to feel like this came right off your Halo 2 disk.
joey4785 said:
What kind of skinning are you going to be doing like UVWs or color skinning seperate models?
UVing of course. :tongue:
mojobojo said:
If im not mistaken DarkShallFall makes new halo 2 maps from scratch. Contact him on halomods I think he could help.
Dark has already helped with this mod. I'm already very aware of his abilities, and he is very aware that this map exists.

And for future reference, he doesn't make maps "from scratch". :tongue:

Also, if some people don't like this idea and have simply looked away from it, I'd be happy to post another picture.

This is an old HUD mod I made from a canceled project. It features a new shield meter, SMG reticle, and health meter (red bars):

hudtest21ty0.png

Any criticism on that as well is nice, though unnecessary.

Upvote 0
J

joey4785

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm a bit confused are you going to edit HUDS on this mod your attempting to make (Nice HUDS BTW) or are you going to leave it as is like on the original disk or is that just for weapon models, effects etc. ?

Upvote 0
N

NotZac

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Not Zachary88-2 said:
This map is going to have standard Halo 2 weapons/HUD/effects, etc., just a new map. I want it to feel like this came right off your Halo 2 disk.
Not Zachary88-2 said:
This is an old HUD mod I made from a canceled project.
They are not related.

Now, I'm done posting in this thread, post some pictures, people!

Upvote 0
J

joey4785

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Last question... what kind of pics do you want to see... Be more specific? Like random halo 2 unrealeased mods stuff like that?

PM me

Upvote 0
N

NotZac

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm going to try and revive this thread, because I feel it has a bit of potential to influence others to try their hands at reviving the Halo 2 modding scene.

If any staff members have a problem with this, feel free to delete my post and send it back to the pits of this section.

Gold hunters:
goldhunter1.png

goldhunter4.png

They shoot Halo 1 style (it's practically just a smaller Banshee bomb ...) ... (and ODST ...)

Also:
redbugger1.png

goldbugger1.png

bluebugger1.png

More bugger/drone variety.

Blue drone is a needler varient only.
Red drone is a captain with a brute plasma rifle (like ODST), and has weak shields.
Gold drone is a swarm leader (and is similar to the captain) with stronger shields.

-Cheers.

Upvote 0
M

mod man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Ahh, just what this forum needs. Good job on getting it started zach.
Heres something i whipped up a while ago.
b63jax.jpg

Upvote 0
L

LBpSAxFuryx

Reaction score
Sin$
NecroBump!

{LBp} xFuryx here, putting together a Halo 2 map pack compilation for the new tunneling community, have you by chance got any of the map packs still?

Let me know something, hit me up on here and email at mitsurugi4552 Yahoo .com Thanks

I can email you the links to a good ftp address to send if you have any packs, or at least give you the share link, the group is

LanTunnelTh3Wor1d on facebook

, send me an email and I will send them to you I can't here it thinks I'm spamming

Upvote 0
Top Bottom
Login
Register