• Start date
  • Views 41,683
Tecnica

Tecnica

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
So I am unable to finish this quest, below are
the steps taken resulting in my dilemma.

So I ended up killing Jack Cabot’s father, as a result of this action the family could no longer prolong their lives with the aging serum. Upon returning to Jack Cabot he thanks me, and tells me something along the lines of retuning back to him in a few days. So upon returning, I can see and talk to him but have a floating marker next to the billiard pool unable to complete the mission. I have tried with different companions to see if it fixes the story line and the results are the same. Anyone here experienced this issue if so how have you managed to complete this?

Last edited:
Blastery

Blastery

BOOOOOOOOORING!
Reaction score
Sin$
Did you got quest to return to his house? If not you need to wait longer

Upvote 0
HDizzoDontPlizzo

HDizzoDontPlizzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I believe he actually makes you wait an entire week before requesting your return, try waiting about a week (168 hours?) and see if its fixed!

Upvote 0
Tecnica

Tecnica

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I should've mentioned that the time has passed and I am at the point
where it's requested, that I visit and talk to Jack Cabot about the artifact.
This is is where I am stuck at, the marker is right next to the pool table but nothing
is there nor does nothing happen when I try to speak to him.

Upvote 0
HDizzoDontPlizzo

HDizzoDontPlizzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I should've mentioned that the time has passed and I am at the point
where it's requested, that I visit and talk to Jack Cabot about the artifact.
This is is where I am stuck at, the marker is right next to the pool table but nothing
is there nor does nothing happen when I try to speak to him.
You are totally glitched I believe my friend. It happened with me with the MILA quest for ballostic weave -.- i suggest forgettig about this wuest untik they fix the bugs or it will drive you crazy haha

Upvote 0
Tecnica

Tecnica

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
You are totally glitched I believe my friend. It happened with me with the MILA quest for ballostic weave -.- i suggest forgettig about this wuest untik they fix the bugs or it will drive you crazy haha

I have plenty to do in the game, such as building an epic light box US flag at the castle :smile:

Upvote 0
H

Honkeyman

Reaction score
Sin$
I am having this same problem. For the hell of it I tried killing Cabot and he and his daughter would not die. I don't know if it is because the quest is still active or what but after taking a shotgun blast to the face they would sit on the ground panting for maybe 10 seconds and then get back up and attack me. All I want is to complete this dang quest :frown:

Upvote 0
Red58

Red58

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
LOL

Reload from a prior save, game sometimes doesn't put the correct value on the correct object. It wants you to talk to the pool table, but you cannot.

Upvote 0
Tecnica

Tecnica

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I believe this error that I have experienced is another example of the Bethesda failure to properly
QC their games during development. Till this day this quest is like this.

Upvote 0
Red58

Red58

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I believe this error that I have experienced is another example of the Bethesda failure to properly
QC their games during development. Till this day this quest is like this.
This is nothing compared to some glitches in prior games. Its frustrating sure, but its still a large improvement since 3 and NV, especially NV.

Upvote 0
Tecnica

Tecnica

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
This is nothing compared to some glitches in prior games. Its frustrating sure, but its still a large improvement since 3 and NV, especially NV.
You crazy talking now New Vegas had a broader storyline this game is too short. But yes the graphical improvement is nice.

Upvote 0
JeepGoddess

JeepGoddess

Reaction score
Sin$
It’s the end of June 2018 and apparently this glitch still hasn’t been fixed . I’m one of those ppl that kinda have an OCD about finishing quest lines. And reloading to a previous save point is definitely not an option. I’ve done SO much crap since killing his father. I did let him out (not meaning to, didn’t realize I had a time limit to flip the switches. Lol) But killed him right there in the basement. Really hope this gets fixed.

Upvote 0
D

Denxd

Reaction score
Sin$
I played this mission and I got very angry about this bug, there is too much and the creators do not say to fix it is unacceptable because so many people have talked about this bug and still talk and the company does not do anything just looks to get the money from the players however in this whole game is not bad and it is a pity to have such bugs and to ruin the mood of the player and his fun. If at least one developer appreciates the complaints of the players and fixes it, I will be very grateful to him. Thank you very much if one of you read it well.

Upvote 0
Top Bottom
Login
Register