What's new

Tutorial Easiest Way to Softmod An Original Xbox (USB Noob-Friendly)

• Thread starter Atlas
  • Start date
  • Views 202,071
B

BlueTheGoliath

Reaction score
Sin$
this is after you mod your xbox? what my problem is i get the usb formatted, and then i put the files onto it, but when i plug it back in to move the exploited game saves and stuff it doesnt show up and it just looks like the usb is empty.

VinnyHaw

VinnyHaw

Se7enSinner
Mythical Veteran Trifecta End of the Year 2015
Reaction score
Sin$
this is after you mod your xbox? what my problem is i get the usb formatted, and then i put the files onto it, but when i plug it back in to move the exploited game saves and stuff it doesnt show up and it just looks like the usb is empty.

is your usb on a list of compatible usbs. not all will work.

Cynder

Cynder

Local Weird Guy
AzzidReign Jr Mythical Veteran Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Are you using the xplorer360 that was provided? And are you useing one of the compatable USBs?

It also could be your computer. Have you tried running the xplorer360 as administrator

Cellulose

Cellulose

Composition C is my family
Reaction score
Sin$
Just did mine very fast! Thank you for the noob friendly tutorial! I actually just did mine with a classic iPod 4 GB!

Last edited:
Atlas

Atlas

С.Т.А.Л.К.Е.Р.
VIP
Retired
Hidden Devils
Mythical Veteran Trifecta TotM
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Did you be sure to use your D-Pad or Analog Stick on your controller to scroll over to the right on your console while viewing storage of the USB?
Just did my very fast! Thank you for the noob friendly tutorial! I actually just did mine with a classic iPod 4 GB!
I didn't know you could use that iPod. I had done mine using a second generation iPod Nano 2GB. What generation is your classic?

Cellulose

Cellulose

Composition C is my family
Reaction score
Sin$
Did you be sure to use your D-Pad or Analog Stick on your controller to scroll over to the right on your console while viewing storage of the USB?

I didn't know you could use that iPod. I had done mine using a second generation iPod Nano 2GB. What generation is your classic?
Yeah I guess you can! I tried using a iPod Nano 2GB, but I believe the battery is screwed. I didn't feel like replacing it so I looked around for some other things laying around. I think it is a 6th Generation 4GB Classic iPod, not 100% positive will have to check when I get home. I formated it on the Xbox and used Xplorer360 and I just put the stuff on there, restarted the xbox, and BAM I had it all done. Then I installed a 200GB Maxtor HDD in it after that. All thanks to Se7ensins. Currently am downloading CoinOps7 on the HDD. I also already have almost 20 games :biggrin: All thanks to my hero Atlas Atlas

Razorhawk90

Razorhawk90

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Hey man, thanks for this tutorial. I think I somehow unmodded my Xbox though. Could you help me out? I was playing Forza and I clicked on a feature that requires online. The Xbox then started to update and then it rebooted. When it rebooted it had a screen that told me to call Microsoft for support. I rebooted it and then it booted into the MS dashboard. It can only boot into the MS dashboard now. I tried running a burned disc to test if it was still modded and the discs don't work. I'm pretty sure it's unmodded but it still has all my stuff on the 250 GB hard drive. I got to the mod installer through Splinter Cell so I could mod it again. I don't know what to do from here because it won't create a new MS backup and it says it already dectects a softmod. Is my softmod corrupted or something? Is it safe to hit "remove softmod" button? What should I do? Thanks.

Cynder

Cynder

Local Weird Guy
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Hey man, thanks for this tutorial. I think I somehow unmodded my Xbox though. Could you help me out? I was playing Forza and I clicked on a feature that requires online. The Xbox then started to update and then it rebooted. When it rebooted it had a screen that told me to call Microsoft for support. I rebooted it and then it booted into the MS dashboard. It can only boot into the MS dashboard now. I tried running a burned disc to test if it was still modded and the discs don't work. I'm pretty sure it's unmodded but it still has all my stuff on the 250 GB hard drive. I got to the mod installer through Splinter Cell so I could mod it again. I don't know what to do from here because it won't create a new MS backup and it says it already dectects a softmod. Is my softmod corrupted or something? Is it safe to hit "remove softmod" button? What should I do? Thanks.
You should be safe to hit the remove softmod button if you backed up your configurations and things

Razorhawk90

Razorhawk90

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
You should be safe to hit the remove softmod button if you backed up your configurations and things
I just have a couple questions. Is the stuff on my hardrive safe if uninstall the softmod and then reinstall it? If not, How
do I backup my hard drive? Is that the
eeprom? And I should have existing
backups from the first time I softmodded it right?

Cynder

Cynder

Local Weird Guy
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I just have a couple questions. Is the stuff on my hardrive safe if uninstall the softmod and then reinstall it? If not, How
do I backup my hard drive? Is that the
eeprom? And I should have existing
backups from the first time I softmodded it right?
actualy have you tried booting your console off the eject button cus that might fix it.

But ya the backup of your files would be the eeprom you did when the softmod first installed, i am not sure if you will loose your things on the HDD as certain soft mods are buggy and some will reformat and some wont

Razorhawk90

Razorhawk90

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
actualy have you tried booting your console off the eject button cus that might fix it.

But ya the backup of your files would be the eeprom you did when the softmod first installed, i am not sure if you will loose your things on the HDD as certain soft mods are buggy and some will reformat and some wont
Sorry to bug you but my Xbox turns on for a second and then turns itself off. I heard this is an issue with the motherboard. Do you know anything about this?

Cynder

Cynder

Local Weird Guy
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Sorry to bug you but my Xbox turns on for a second and then turns itself off. I heard this is an issue with the motherboard. Do you know anything about this?
there are many reasons it could do it, if your xbox is chipped it could be something with that or a wire came loose on the mobo and that could cause it to restart on boot up

D

Duckbait

Reaction score
Sin$
Hi!
Thanks for your tutorial, bought everything suggested, including splinter cell, though can't get files to inject to USB cruzer mini (500mb)

After formatting with xbox original. Xplorer360 recognizes the drive, as partition0 though freezes when i try to drag drop any files to it. I'm on Windows ten.

I've done a ton of research, and tried numerous things, including using XP, and running in admin mode...etc I'd so appreciate any help you could give!

Cynder

Cynder

Local Weird Guy
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Hi!
Thanks for your tutorial, bought everything suggested, including splinter cell, though can't get files to inject to USB cruzer mini (500mb)

After formatting with xbox original. Xplorer360 recognizes the drive, as partition0 though freezes when i try to drag drop any files to it. I'm on Windows ten.

I've done a ton of research, and tried numerous things, including using XP, and running in admin mode...etc I'd so appreciate any help you could give!
It could be your antivirus that is making it freeze.

I am on windows 10 and have had no problems with the program

D

Duckbait

Reaction score
Sin$
Thanks Cynder. It was the "auto-on" windows 10 defender. I'd previously turned it off, but it turned itself back on. (if anyone else is having this issue)

After turning off all worked perfect.

Thank you very much!

F

foxtrot08

Reaction score
Sin$
Got a 1 gb usb from ebay and it detects fine on both xbox and xplorer360. However, saves will not be recognized on the xbox. However, I can transfer saves from the xbox to the usb and the xbox will only detect those, but xplorer360 does NOT detect them. Can anyone help out?

Cynder

Cynder

Local Weird Guy
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Got a 1 gb usb from ebay and it detects fine on both xbox and xplorer360. However, saves will not be recognized on the xbox. However, I can transfer saves from the xbox to the usb and the xbox will only detect those, but xplorer360 does NOT detect them. Can anyone help out?
have you made sure you downloaded the one that was in this thread and have not updated it?

F

foxtrot08

Reaction score
Sin$
have you made sure you downloaded the one that was in this thread and have not updated it?
Yes, sir. I've used the xplorer360 from the download link here that was included in the softmod package zip. I can only view the files ive transferred on xplorer360 (e.g. splinter cell mod save and the actual mod) but not on the xbox. And i cant see the xbox saves that Ive transferred from the xbox to the usb vice versa.

D

Duckbait

Reaction score
Sin$
Foxtrot, I bet it is the USB - I'd suggest trying another.

Cynder Cynder - Now, I got all confident and said I could mod my buddy's xbox, which seems easy enough. I load the splinter cell save through checkpoints, and the xbox boots, looking like it'll go to the softmod menu, though then shows a black screen on my TV with a solid Orange LED. When i turn it off and on, it boots fine back into xbox main menu. Any thoughts? (some googling leads me to video cable issues - though I've tried two and no worky...)

Top Bottom
Login
Register