Content Green and Yellow
Content Team
VIP
Retired
Mythical Veteran Scaling the Mountain Platinum Record
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
So recently my dad and I have been packing up stuff at my grandma's house in order to get it ready to sell (she has moved to my dad's place due to health reasons). We found an older iPad mini and I was finally able to get it powered up today but, it's linked to an Apple ID. I think it may have been my uncle's old girlfriend as he was staying with my grandma for a time and she used to come visit. Not even sure they are together anymore and have no way to get a hold of her.

Is there a way around the activation lock by normal means or a jailbreak, or have I found a nice Apple branded paperweight?

Operating System
  1. iOS
Tabuu

Tabuu

VIP
VIP
MotM Bright Idea 10th Anniversary
Reaction score
Sin$
So recently my dad and I have been packing up stuff at my grandma's house in order to get it ready to sell (she has moved to my dad's place due to health reasons). We found an older iPad mini and I was finally able to get it powered up today but, it's linked to an Apple ID. I think it may have been my uncle's old girlfriend as he was staying with my grandma for a time and she used to come visit. Not even sure they are together anymore and have no way to get a hold of her.

Is there a way around the activation lock by normal means or a jailbreak, or have I found a nice Apple branded paperweight?
Honestly, probably an apple brand paperweight. There is only one confirmed unlocking service provided here. The biggest problem with this service is that it costs a hefty fee. It's up to you whether or not you want to pursue it further. If it was your grandmother's you could have contacted corporate with a death certificate and proof of ownership of the apple id and they would have removed it, but other than that you're out of luck.

DOMIN8

DOMIN8

Content Green and Yellow
Content Team
VIP
Retired
Mythical Veteran Scaling the Mountain Platinum Record
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Honestly, probably an apple brand paperweight. There is only one confirmed unlocking service provided here. The biggest problem with this service is that it costs a hefty fee. It's up to you whether or not you want to pursue it further. If it was your grandmother's you could have contacted corporate with a death certificate and proof of ownership of the apple id and they would have removed it, but other than that you're out of luck.
Well my grandma's still with us atm but, I know it wasn't hers. I'm almost positive it was my uncle's old girlfriends and who knows where she is now...

Tabuu

Tabuu

VIP
VIP
MotM Bright Idea 10th Anniversary
Reaction score
Sin$
Well my grandma's still with us atm but, I know it wasn't hers. I'm almost positive it was my uncle's old girlfriends and who knows where she is now...
Ohhhhhhhhhh whoops, I read too much into that. Well in that case, you can either use that service or talk to apple corporate and see what they say. You don't really have that many options here.

SiiK

SiiK

Contributor
Grizzled Veteran Mr. Nice Guy Experienced Veteran
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
i had a similar issue, what they told me is that they need a legit receipt like if you bought it from ebay or a pawn shop or something, i said i had a signed paper saying i bought it secondhand at a shop trade but they said it wont work i wouldve needed a receipt, list it on ebay and buy it from yourself?

Top Bottom
Login
Register