• Thread starter Teancum
  • Start date
  • Views 199,594
Teancum

Teancum

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
Just wanted to address something quickly. I've had a few people request write access to my Google Spreadsheet I use for the mod. Unfortunately I'll be keeping that to myself. I want to keep track of what I'm doing. However if you make updates to the mod itself I can update the spreadsheet with your contributions

Teancum

Teancum

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
More updates. I have the R34 MINE's Skyline working, but haven't yet converted the texture. Also, I created a fix that will fix *most* of the car manufacturer names that are missing. Details to follow.

***EDIT***

On to the updates:
  • I've "borrowed" the car manufacturer list from Forza Horizon 1's DLC. It's missing 8 car manufacturers, some of which are present in FH2, but it's better than the 17 that were missing before, so I plan to add that to the patch. EDIT--If I use Forza Motorsport 4's manufacturer list, I only use the manufacturer name for the Bowler Nemesis as well as "Bus" and Kenworth (but these were just traffic cars)
  • Thanks to Aluigi (zenhax.com) I can now take player-made car thumbnails and use them on cars that are missing them. That also means the FM4 and FH1 thumbnails will eventually be replaced by custom ones so they fit the FH2 style.
  • As stated above, the MINE's R34 Skyline is up and running, but I still have to map the FM4 texture to the FH2 texture. Shouldn't be very difficult.
    checkmark.png
    Paint just needs a few tweaks, but I'm in no hurry.
  • Any cars that were in FM4 that are new in FH2 thanks to texture hacks will likely not have their FM4 original wheels. Models from FM4 still won't work in FH1/FH2.
  • I still have to do the 1969 Camaro texture update so that you can use the Z/28 stripes
    checkmark.png
    Paint just needs a few tweaks, but I'm in no hurry.
  • I have to crush one major bug -- some cars that came with the game appear twice in the Buy Cars menu. It doesn't hurt gameplay, but I hate it. It may be specific to my machine as the original database could still be cached.

Last edited:
D

DeRosier21295

Reaction score
Sin$
Where do I find the peak power in FH2. I'm always trying to mod my vehicles performance. Just need the offsets and code, I'll find it in hex editor

Teancum

Teancum

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
Please ask in the main "Big Forza modding thread". I don't do any hex stuff here.

Teancum

Teancum

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
WOW! I just figured out that a LOT of Forza cars were converted to Grand Theft Auto 4, and many of those conversions got custom paintjobs. So I added to my spreadsheet several paintjobs for Horizon cars I want to add in the future. Check it out if you're curious. Some cars will have several custom paints!

LINK

Last edited:
Br3gel

Br3gel

Reaction score
Sin$
Forza series model (cars, tracks) been ported to almost any moddable game for many years, especially racing game. Some just for render and some reselling the model and claim as theirs.

Teancum

Teancum

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
Forza series model (cars, tracks) been ported to almost any moddable game for many years, especially racing game. Some just for render and some reselling the model and claim as theirs.
Yeah, I knew about them being ported, but it wasn't until recently that I started seeing custom paintjobs on Forza models

MoPar Magician

MoPar Magician

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I am trying to Get My hands on the Disc cars Native to FH and FH2, when I upgraded to WinX (10) I lost some data.
Thanks to REDE, I got My FM4 Disc Cars back up and running.

To reduce confusion I am referring to All the Media/Car/.carbin files that contain the models themselves.
I can retrieve them from My own personal DLC files, but that is limited to DLC things like FM4 Porsche Pack.

Of curiosity is there any way for someone to get the FH2:FF .carbin Model files?
I thought I could rip with HmB Diamond, only to find they don't support the title.

Teancum

Teancum

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
UPDATE:
  • The bug that was creating duplicate cars in the database was fixed (this was never in a public release). This was the one thing that I was most worried about
  • The Nissan Skyline R34 race car has five completed paintjobs (Calsonic, Pennzoil, Pennzoil/Zexel, Arta/Autobacs, and Falken). I have one more (Castrol) I want to complete before I'm doing with race paintjobs for now. The Castrol paintjob is around 50% complete. None of these are 100% accurate, but are very close
  • I would like to ask someone to widen the R34 Skyline for me. It needs to be 12% wider. Do do this, take the hex value, convert it to decimal, multiply by 1.12, convert back to hex. I can do it but I think someone who can do it faster would be better suited. It lets me finish other things. Please do all LODs if possible.
  • Next up is the Nissan Skyline R34 Collector's Edition. All of the "Collector's Edition" cars will simply be versions of the car with custom paint. That means things like the Halo Ford SVT Raptor and the Horizon Ford SVT Raptor will be combined. One Collector's Edition car, many paintjobs.
  • Collector's Edition cars I plan on doing can be found HERE. Please tell me which car you would like me to do next. Remember, the car is tuned the same as the normal car, it just has custom paintjobs.

MoPar Magician

MoPar Magician

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
UPDATE:
  • The bug that was creating duplicate cars in the database was fixed (this was never in a public release). This was the one thing that I was most worried about
  • The Nissan Skyline R34 race car has five completed paintjobs (Calsonic, Pennzoil, Pennzoil/Zexel, Arta/Autobacs, and Falken). I have one more (Castrol) I want to complete before I'm doing with race paintjobs for now. The Castrol paintjob is around 50% complete. None of these are 100% accurate, but are very close
  • I would like to ask someone to widen the R34 Skyline for me. It needs to be 12% wider. Do do this, take the hex value, convert it to decimal, multiply by 1.12, convert back to hex. I can do it but I think someone who can do it faster would be better suited. It lets me finish other things. Please do all LODs if possible.
  • Next up is the Nissan Skyline R34 Collector's Edition. All of the "Collector's Edition" cars will simply be versions of the car with custom paint. That means things like the Halo Ford SVT Raptor and the Horizon Ford SVT Raptor will be combined. One Collector's Edition car, many paintjobs.
  • Collector's Edition cars I plan on doing can be found HERE. Please tell me which car you would like me to do next. Remember, the car is tuned the same as the normal car, it just has custom paintjobs.
You wouldn't have the Media/Car files for FH and/or FH2 DISC cars would You? or FH2:FF?

Teancum

Teancum

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
I do, but I don't feel comfortable sharing that many. I will say some are some from FH1 in the mod. If you can get a game ISO you can use Xbox 360 ISO Extract to pull the files out of either game.

MoPar Magician

MoPar Magician

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I do, but I don't feel comfortable sharing that many. I will say some are some from FH1 in the mod. If you can get a game ISO you can use Xbox 360 ISO Extract to pull the files out of either game.
I don't have a modded console, I am using the model files for a different project on PC.......So none of this ^^^
Does ME any good

Teancum

Teancum

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
How does it not do you any good? Grab the game, extract the files, boom. Then take the .zip files into Forza Studio, export to .obj and you're done. Alternatively I found this site last night while looking for some skins. It might have Forza cars you want: http://gamemodels.ru/

All that being said I'd like to keep this topic about the mod itself, so if you if you want to talk more we can continue the conversation in the Big Forza Modding thread.

Teancum

Teancum

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
DOWNLOAD 1.2 BETA (868MB)
  • Fast & Furious cars, including some upgrades and the ability to paint the cars
  • "Collector's Edition" Skyline R34: MINE's, 2 Fast 2 Furious, Rockstar, and other paintjobs
  • BETA Skyline R34 Race Car: Calsonic, Pennzoil, Pennzoil/Zexel, Arta, Falken and Castrol paintjobs. The body has not been widened in a hex editor, so the tires stick out.
  • Z/28 stripes for 1969 Camaro
If there's something I promised that you don't yet see, don't worry. I have a lot of other things I'm working on that aren't included in this version.

COMING IN VERSION 1.3:
  • Correct icons for each car in the Autoshow (aside from traffic cars). The Fast & Furious cars currently don't have icons, and many of the new cars use FH1 or FM4 icons which look different from the FH2 icons. This is an easy thing to do, but is a bit of a slow process due to how many need to be done.
  • A second race car, voted on by the community. Choices are the Honda NSX (JGTC), Toyota Supra (JGTC), 2012 Chevy Camaro (Trans Am series), BMW M3 GTR and the Ferrari F430 GT
  • Three more "Collector's Edition" cars, as well as adjustments to current ones. Current ones to be updated are the 2012 Challenger, the 2012 Charger, the Ford SVT Raptor and the Skyline R32. New Collector's Edition cars include the Mercedes SLS AMG, GMC Vandura, 2012 Chevy Camara and the Lamborghini Aventador

Last edited:
J

johny_ps

Reaction score
Sin$
hello.can someone help me because i trying to install the mod for 3 days and i can start always tell me the disk is unreadable when i use the gamedb.slt from the mod when i use the official is working without any mod...and a question when i extact the mod tke cars and wheels appearing like folders but in the original game is in zip form in which form im putting it in the game

Teancum

Teancum

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
If you already played the game before installing the mod you'll have to clear your system cache (all title updates, etc). Xbox.com should have a tutorial on doing it. Also make sure you are using the default.xex from the mod and not the original.

Top Bottom
Login
Register