• Thread starter aden34
  • Start date
  • Views 752
A

aden34

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm working on an xbox 360 laptop and was soldering some ribbon cable to the AV pinouts on an Xbox 360, as well as to the vga pinouts on the controller board for the monitor. Anyways the monitor works fine since I was using just a cable. Wondering if anyone knows what the issue would be? I followed all the pinouts correctly but it gives me this?

MwjbbWG.jpg

i also ended up stripping the cable one at a time away from the ribbon cable so it would be individual wire, made sure there were no bridging with the cables, but now it doesn't give a signal.

the set up i have for it is the R, G, B, H-sync, V-sync, Use VGA, and ground.

do i need to bridge the ground pinouts on the A/V together? so like bridge pinout 2 with 4 and 1 with 3? or do i just need on master ground?

Xnq5HAy.png

J

JoinTheResistance

Dead to the world, alive for the journey...
Reaction score
Sin$
No need to short all of the grounds together. If you aren't getting any signal on the monitor make sure that pin 20 is shorted to GND. You're probably getting the weird image on the screen because of a bad/missing connection.

A

ANG3LK1LL3R127

Trusted Member
Seasoned Veteran Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm working on an xbox 360 laptop and was soldering some ribbon cable to the AV pinouts on an Xbox 360, as well as to the vga pinouts on the controller board for the monitor. Anyways the monitor works fine since I was using just a cable. Wondering if anyone knows what the issue would be? I followed all the pinouts correctly but it gives me this?

MwjbbWG.jpg

i also ended up stripping the cable one at a time away from the ribbon cable so it would be individual wire, made sure there were no bridging with the cables, but now it doesn't give a signal.

the set up i have for it is the R, G, B, H-sync, V-sync, Use VGA, and ground.

do i need to bridge the ground pinouts on the A/V together? so like bridge pinout 2 with 4 and 1 with 3? or do i just need on master ground?

Xnq5HAy.png
some pictures of your soldering would help. what kind of wire did you use. is it shielded? i've done this a few times and never had an issue.

Top Bottom
Login
Register