What's new

Discussion Halo 5 discussions!

Do you think 343 will finally start to get around to making Halo feel like Halo?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Phair

Phair

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
So is anyone else pumped for Halo 5?

I do have a few concerns of course since 343's attempt at MCC didn't go over to well with it's buggy launch. But after playing the beta and watching videos, I think Halo could make a slight comeback. Why? Because 343 started to listen to fans about how the multiplayer and mechanics worked for the series back in it's heyday.

With weapons back on the map and loadouts taken out, I think it will work for the game. When I played the beta, those spartan abilities given to you definitely were not over-used nor did they really alter how the game is played. They simply added a couple of maneuvers basically. I find that the smart-scope didn't change the way I battled at all. Only at very long "across the map" differences did I use it. The ranking system I am still not sure about but if pulled off correctly, could be good.

The one thing I also REALLY want to see return is the custom game/forge community via File Share! I remember just getting on Halo 3 and simply searching for latest race tracks made and I would have downloaded at least 10 each day to play with my friends. I hope they can revitalize this component as well as make a perfect forge where you can do everything in Halo 4's forge, but also change daytime settings, etc.

Anyone have any thoughts? I would love to discuss with you guys!

Im Da Best

Im Da Best

The next best thing...
Retired
Scaling the Mountain Bright Idea Mr. Nice Guy
Reaction score
Sin$
From what I saw in the videos, it didn't look like a Halo game at all.

It looked more like a fast paced Titanfall style game.

I haven't played it for myself, but those were just my thoughts on it after a few videos.

Phair

Phair

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
From what I saw in the videos, it didn't look like a Halo game at all.

It looked more like a fast paced Titanfall style game.

I haven't played it for myself, but those were just my thoughts on it after a few videos.
I can see where you are getting that from. I have played Halo since it's dawn of time but I think it's time we accept change. Unfortunately I have to say it but it isn't as bad as it could be thats for sure.

TheItalianLad

TheItalianLad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
343 always did. I mean they did a much better job for Halo 4 online. The ranking was amazing and character customization's were good as well. Stop complaining, just because the new Halo was a bit different, doesn't mean it was ****

OlvaR

OlvaR

Reaction score
Sin$
i actually enjoyed h5 beta very much, totally looking forward for the release!. it was a bit different but it still felt like halo to me. i hope they show some cool stuff for btb before E3, very curious what we can expect from it.

Trallafitti

Trallafitti

Getting There
Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Played the Beta, it feels like a CoD/Titanfall/Halo Clone, I dont care if theres no load outs and weapons on the map, the game does not feel like Halo, they broke the formula. I wont preorder, I might grab this if cheap - for the first time - I bought ALL Halos on release but Halo MCC killed all my vibe unfortunaly.

Phair

Phair

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Played the Beta, it feels like a CoD/Titanfall/Halo Clone, I dont care if theres no load outs and weapons on the map, the game does not feel like Halo, they broke the formula. I wont preorder, I might grab this if cheap - for the first time - I bought ALL Halos on release but Halo MCC killed all my vibe unfortunaly.
I agree with you on MCC. The launch was so botched it killed all vibes I had. But we should also look at how we played Halo 1 and 2. When Halo 3 came out, they added equipment such as bubble shields and such but that didn't kill our vibe playing it. We still loved it. Now they add sprint and smart-link and everyone bats an eye.

Amnesys

Amnesys

Praise Cheesus
Reaction score
Sin$
Halo is like every game franchise right now recycled garabge iv been put off so many news games the past few years it's the same bs each year, Its like they can't think of anything totally brand new it's the same **** over and over again.

N0VA

N0VA

|PIKA PI!|
Reaction score
Sin$
Everyone focuses on Multiplayer when in all honesty Halo was never about the Multiplayer for me, not after Halo 3 That is. Halo 3 and before, the multiplayer was balanced and fun. Reach and everything after that was terrible. Granted 343 wasn't involved with the earlier iterations of Halo but point shown. HALO to ME, is all about the story, where is the chief? Who are these new characters? What really happened to Cortana and the conspiracies with Halsey. I love wrapping my head around the lore of the series and HALO 5 I personally feel 343 will make it dark, we will see things we have never seen before campaign wise and I for one am EXTREMELY excited to witness.

B

bananaswag

rip
Reaction score
Sin$
343 always did. I mean they did a much better job for Halo 4 online. The ranking was amazing and character customization's were good as well. Stop complaining, just because the new Halo was a bit different, doesn't mean it was ****
It's not "a bit different". It doesn't play anything like any of the other Halo games.
Well Kids can easily be hyped with some viral marketing these days.
Completely agree. I don't care about any of the new Halo games, 343 ruined the entire franchise with Halo 4, then Halo 5 gets shown off with a public beta and the gameplay is awful, it's just not Halo anymore.

TheItalianLad

TheItalianLad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
It's not "a bit different". It doesn't play anything like any of the other Halo games.

Completely agree. I don't care about any of the new Halo games, 343 ruined the entire franchise with Halo 4, then Halo 5 gets shown off with a public beta and the gameplay is awful, it's just not Halo anymore.
Just because sprinting was implemented, doesn't make it ****

TheItalianLad

TheItalianLad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
And ADS, and ground pound, and power weapon countdowns. Would you like me to continue?
I still haven't seen one thing that has wrecked the game. Sorry man, Your opinion is different, doesn't make it bad

B

bananaswag

rip
Reaction score
Sin$
I still haven't seen one thing that has wrecked the game. Sorry man, Your opinion is different, doesn't make it bad
It's not that it wrecked the game. The problem is that they changed the entire play style. I would purchase Halo because I wanted to play Halo multiplayer, not to play a Titanfall reskin.

Trallafitti

Trallafitti

Getting There
Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Sprint is breaking the Halo Formula, period. Same goes for AAs like AmorLock or JetPack. Or being able to create a Class with Camo, absolutely horrible. Camo & Overshield (as an AA Id say AmorLock is like an Overshield) were always considered as something like a power weapon, you had to fight for it with your given Weapon. If you got shot no-shield you either had to out-BR your opponent or pull off a nice nade & headshot combo to actually survive and NOT SPRINT around the next best corner like a p****.

Clamber ? In Halo ? .... What happened to timed jumping on ledges ?

GroundPound ... Well... I see myself camping in a narrowed room with an Oddball, jumping up and down at the nearest wall facing the entrance ground pounding everyone trying to come in.

Traditional Halo is dead.

B

bananaswag

rip
Reaction score
Sin$
Sprint is breaking the Halo Formula, period. Same goes for AAs like AmorLock or JetPack. Or being able to create a Class with Camo, absolutely horrible. Camo & Overshield (as an AA Id say AmorLock is like an Overshield) were always considered as something like a power weapon, you had to fight for it with your given Weapon. If you got shot no-shield you either had to out-BR your opponent or pull off a nice nade & headshot combo to actually survive and NOT SPRINT around the next best corner like a p****.

Clamber ? In Halo ? .... What happened to timed jumping on ledges ?

GroundPound ... Well... I see myself camping in a narrowed room with an Oddball, jumping up and down at the nearest wall facing the entrance ground pounding everyone trying to come in.

Traditional Halo is dead.
TheItalianLad TheItalianLad anything to say about this? Because all of it is completely true.

TheItalianLad

TheItalianLad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
TheItalianLad TheItalianLad anything to say about this? Because all of it is completely true.
Not really, how does sprinting destroy the game. It simply makes you run faster and gameplay overall faster paced, doesn't make it bad. As I said, its all opinions which is what you guys don't understand.

Top Bottom
Login
Register