What's new

Solved accidentally flash a xenon XELL image to a falcon board ?

• Thread starter 966507033445
  • Start date
  • Views 2,967

Reaction score
Sin$
Good day to all,

I have accidentally flash a xenon XELL image to a falcon board, then it won't power up also the nandpro program won't recognize the flash chip any more so I can't write the correct image to the chip.

I search in the internet and find this solution but it is not working for me

If like me you are rushing around, and accidentally flash a xenon xell image to a zephyr or other board, then there are two things you'll notice
1) it won't power up dead as door nail.
2) the nandpro program won't recognise the flash chip any more so you can't write the correct image to the chip. OH DEAR!!!

There is help though by shorting a couple of pins on the nand.

flash.jpg

This is what you nand looks like, you'll notice in the top left hand corner a dimple on the chip that is signifying pin 1.
pag1.h2.jpg

This is a shortened chip with leg/pin numbers.
the objective is to prevent the SMC from retrieving its instruction code/firmware, by shorting and confusing the data lines.

I shorted pins 44-47 with a flat head screw driver (gash I know).

sequence of events,
I disconnected power brick,
shorted pins,
connected power brick,
un-shorted pins (removed screwdriver)
ran NandPro 2.0b. It now shows correct flashconfig again hooray!!
biggrin.gif

Pins 44-47 are I/O pins don't carry any voltage so to speak so chances or blowing something is less but not impossible so only do this if you are completely stuck and the alternative is to remove the chip bench program it.

Re-flashed with correct xell image booted linux flashed xbr all is fine now phew!!

I shorted pins 44-47 with a flat head screw driver as he do but I get red light in the adapter and the nandpro program won't recognize the flash chip also.

please help :?

decima7e

decima7e

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
try shorting 41-44 and/or 45-47, just 3 pins at a time around that area until you get a read. Don't completely give up with 44-47 if it doesn't work the first time though, it make take a couple nabs.

Reaction score
Sin$
Thanks for all,

Finally I found away to short the NAND chip by the fallowing.

I have soldered these points.
ik5mj37d3.jpg

4 pints together then try to flash but still not recognized then unplug the adapter , plug it again and try to flash it is recognizes and gives me errors then I remove the solder pointes and try to flash. tdaaaaaa everything works fine.

Top Bottom
Login
Register